Sunday, January 6, 2013

Self Weaning

So the time has come, Alisyn is now starting to self wean :/ She is 13 months and only nurses 4 times during the day and sometimes once a night. She eats on a schedule(she set the times) she nurses at 4:30 am and 7 am, eats breakfast at 9 am, nurses again before nap time around 11:00 am, wakes up at 12:30ish pm eats lunch, nurses before nap time around 4:30ish pm, wakes up eats dinner around 6 pm, drinks a raw juice of one apple and a stalk of kale(otherwise I would only get half my juice!) before bath time at 8:30 pm (times vary).
I am terribly sad that she is already self weaning, but I am VERY proud of our breastfeeding journey...BUT it's not the end yet, I hope to keep her nursing those 4/5 times until she is 18 months, anything after that will be a bonus! I would love to make it to two years, but if we don't I will not be disappointed :)


Alisyn is starting to babble more and more with more and more words thrown into the babbling mix! I love watching her try to figure out a new object and when she randomly starts yelling at whatever object she is toying with because she can't figure it out....I wish I could understand what she is saying! I am in the process of teaching her sign language, I think she will catch on quick, but we shall see!
Ta-Ta For Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment