Sunday, December 18, 2011

Growth Spurt + Sore nipples = No GOOD!

So on Friday Alisyn decided she was going to have a growth spurt .. If you don't know what the entails let me tell ya about it ... She was nursing constantly .. the only time she wasn't on the boob was when she took short cat naps .. i had to hold my pee all day!! or at least until daddy came home. On Saturday is wasn't quiet as bad but she was still nursing every two hours ... for 30 mins to an hour ... and then she would take a cat nap and be ready to chow down some more! and today well shes doing a lot better eating every 3 hours again and sleeping in between feedings.


Sore Nipples ...

Ya can you say OUCH! my left has a terrible case of soreness(it is raw!) i tried using lanolin cream and ive tried expressed breast milk and i have even been walking around for the past two days with my shirt pulled all the way up! well today its a little bit better i hardly nurse her on my left side only when it is full do i let her do a full feeding(like leaking) on it and i can grin a bear it, i have discovered the wonderful side laying position of nursing where i can lay in bed lay Alisyn tummy to tummy and nurse her while i doze off! and let me tell ya it if wasn't for this position i would have never made it! its very easy to nurse in this position and it doesn't seem to hurt my left side as bad when i nurse in this position. i have a meeting with an LC on the 22nd to have her watch a feeding so she can tell me if Alisyn is latching good or not... i cant say she has a bad latch because my right which she has been nursing on for the most part the last 3 days is fine where as my left for the past 3 days has been sore :/ so i think it might mean sometimes its a good latch and sometimes its a bad latch or it could be my positioning and hers.

No comments:

Post a Comment