Thursday, December 15, 2011

Two weeks and a day old ♥

Well Alisyn had her 2 week check up today and she gained 8 1/2oz! and she grew 1 1/2 inches! so she is now 7lbs 3oz and is 20 1/2inches long! im so relieved that she gain that much weight and even excited that she grew taller!

With her reflux which her doc put her on meds(the gripe water was not working for her)i was worried that she wasn't gaining weight but she is at about an oz a day is what the doc said. She had her second PKU test today , i felt so bad for her when they had to take her blood i wanted to cry because she was screaming bloody murder! After they were done and i picked her up she gave me this look like 'how could you let them hurt me mom" and well it ripped at my heart to say the least!

Alisyn's doc also brought up me not vaccinating her and when i told her were not going to and that the only shot she will get will be the Tetanus shot when she is 2+ years old, she didn't fight or argue with me she just said " well we've seen quite a bit of whooping cough so far this winter so just be careful if you take her out this winter" and that was the end of that ... very glad i didn't have to get into an argument with her because i really like her. :]]

Also just to let everyone know how my nursing is going

its going AMAZING! The first night i had to use the shield at night but after the first night i didn't need it at all, so now all i have to do is whip out my boob LOL ... and let me tell ya its so much easier then dealing with the shield! Sometimes she fights me but i figured out its because im to "full" and so its harder for her to latch on right, not sure how to fix that but im sure we'll figure something out :]]


P.S. if your really adamant about breastfeeding don't give up on your child and yourself ... because YOU CAN do it! look at all the trouble we had ... but we kept at it and over came the obstacles and look at us now! just remember YOU CAN YOU CAN!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I breast fed mckenzie for 2 weeks after I had her it was going good till she sucked so hard that made my nipple bleed and every time I pushed myself to feed her it just hurt and hurt too much to go on and that's when I switched to formula but I'm very proud of you keeping it up.

    ReplyDelete