Thursday, November 24, 2011

Turkey Day!

Happy Turkey Day everyone!

Well i am currently baking two cream cheese pumpkin pies .. i tried the batter and it was yummy so i hope they taste as good ... im also making a sour cream topping for one of the pies .. im very worried that my pie crust will burn which would make me cry! but if it happens i can always go buy more pie crust i reckon, So tonight i am going to my moms for a late Thanksgiving dinner, i cat wait ... if there is one thing my mom can do is cook! it'll be nice because it will be a small gathering not a huge affair ... which is nice because i don't have to make/bring anything lol then tomorrow my love has to work a 12hr shift due to black Friday which makes me sad because he'll be 2hrs late to his family's thanksgiving dinner :/ but i on the other hand will be free until that dinner so i plan to do some black Friday shopping at some baby store with my friend/family Christine ... my love is so scared of me going but i refuse to stay home and miss the awesome sales! he is scared ill get trampled and like i told him were going at 9ish not midnight or 6am lol plus i think it will be good for me :]] i only have 12 days left and then my due date will be here ... with my daughter i hope lol! well i will check in tomorrow after my eventful day tomorrow and let you know how i did with the sales and how the pies turned out! i will also post the receipt for the cream cheese pumpkin pies as well as the sour cream topping.


HAVE A WONDERFUL AND SAFE TURKEY DAY!


Receipt for the cream cheese pumpkin pie is

8oz cream cheese (room temp)
2 cups pumpkin puree
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 eggs (slightly beaten)
1/2 cup half and half
1/4 cup melted butter
2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg

Sour cream topping

2 cups sour cream
1/3 cu sugar(or to taste)
1 teaspoon vanilla(or to taste)

BOTH PIES WERE DELISH!!!

Cream cheese pumpkin pie

Cream Cheese Pumpkin pie with a sour cream topping

No comments:

Post a Comment